ConstitutionVoted and approved at club Committee meeting, 14th January 2010
CLUB VEEDUB CONSTITUTION
1. NAME OF CLUB
The name of the Club is to be:
Club Veedub Sydney Inc (referred to hereafter as CLUB VW)
The objectives of the Club will be to:
- Keep as many Volkswagen Audi Group (VAG) motor vehicles on Australian roads for as long as possible.
- Provide expert advice on the restoration, modification and maintenance of Volkswagen motor vehicles.
- Unite Volkswagen owners around Australia through the club's basic structure and activities, its webpage www.clubvw.org.au and 'Zeitschrift', the club's monthly magazine.
- Promote VW enthusiasm, organise VW social events and concours d'elegance meets and provide a forum for expression of ideas and suggestions from Volkswagen owners.
- CLUB VW is affiliated with the NSW Council of Motor Clubs, representing the interests of the historic and classic vehicle movement especially those in relation to Historic Vehicle Registration.
- CLUB VW is affiliated with the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport and will abide by its rules and Constitution and those of the FIA.
3. QUALIFICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP TO CLUB
CLUB VW is, by definition, a Volkswagen owners' club.
All persons aged 16 years and above, who own at least one Volkswagen Group motor vehicle (VW, Audi, SEAT, Skoda), are eligible for membership of CLUB VW.
The committee may accept membership from persons who own a Volkswagen with a non-VW engine (eg. Subaru, Mazda, Chevrolet etc), at its discretion.
Membership for owners of non-VW Group vehicles is not available.
4. APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP TO CLUB
The candidate will sign a form of application for membership giving all particulars required by the club with and undertaking to be bound by these rules of CLUB VW, which are to be made available to the candidate. At the same, membership fees as required by the Club must be paid. A membership card will be furnished to the applicant as soon as is practicable. A register of members will be maintained by the CLUB VW Secretary.
The applicant will also indicate on the membership form, in the appropriate box, whether he/she is interested in participating in CAMS motor sport through CLUB VW membership. If so, the Secretary will forward additional forms. Additional CAMS fees will apply.
5. MEMBERSHIP TO CLUB
Only full membership status will be made available to those having paid the required fees. No life, associate or temporary memberships will be available. Family and friends of CLUB VW members will be welcomed at any CLUB VW function, but will not be entitled to the benefits and privileges of CLUB VW members.
6. MEMBERSHIP FEES AND PRIVILEGES
The membership fee for twelve months will be a sum determined by the committee each year. This amount will provide the following:
- Discounts at participating business houses upon production of Membership Card
- Preferential purchase of items such as shirts, jackets, mugs, number plate frames, window stickers, etc issued by the club.
- Admission to CLUB VW registry, voting rights at the AGM, and eligibility to stand for committee positions.
- Subscription to 'Zeitschrift', the Club's magazine, for 12 issues. Free posting of For-Sale and Wanted ads in 'Zeitschrift'.
- Access to free lending from the Club's VW book, manual, DVD and tool libraries.
- Admission to social functions such as the Christmas party, which may be subsidised by the Club's funds.
- May participate in the Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) Historic Vehicle Registration scheme (refer to supplementary rules for holders of Vintage Plates)
- On completion of appropriate CAMS forms and payment of additional CAMS fees, gain a CAMS licence and participate in club motorsport events.
Membership to CLUB VW will be valid for a period of 12 months from the time of application to join CLUB VW. Membership renewals will be posted to the Member one month prior to the expiry of membership.
7. MEMBERS LIABILITY
The liability of members of the incorporated association with regard to contributing towards payment of the debts and liabilities of the association or the costs, charges and expenses of the winding up of the association is NIL.
CLUB VW's publication 'Zeitschrift', exists for communication to all members of CLUB VW. It serves for the notification of upcoming meetings, events and social functions, reports on previous events, and for the publication of articles related to the Volkswagen company and VW cars. 'Zeitschrift' also serves as an advertising medium for members and VW-related businesses.
Contributions of any VW-related letters and articles are welcomed. The close-off date for all submissions (including For-Sales) is the first Thursday of each month. Zeitschrift is published and distributed on the second Thursday of each month.
All financial members are posted a monthly copy of 'Zeitschrift' for the duration of their membership. Courtesy copies are also sent to other Australian VW clubs on a 'reciprocal' basis. One-off free copies may be sent to interested non-members at the Committee's discretion.
CLUB VW's major sponsors (VW Nationals etc) may receive a monthly complementary copy of 'Zeitschrift'. Non-sponsors and non-members requesting ongoing free copies are required to join CLUB VW, meet CLUB VW's rules and pay the CLUB VW membership fee.
Back issues of Zeitschrift (older than 3 months) are available as PDFs on the Club's website, www.clubvw.org.au and these may be freely distributed.
9. RESIGNATION OF MEMBERS
Any member may resign his or her membership by giving to the Secretary notice in writing to that effect. Such notice will, unless otherwise expressed, take effect immediately following its receipt. All privileges of membership to CLUB VW will cease and no refund of fees may be claimed.
10. MEMBERS ADJUDGED BANKRUPT OR CONVICTED OF AN OFFENCE
If any member is convicted of an indictable offence or adjudged bankrupt, he or she will cease to be a member of CLUB VW. However, the Club's committee will have power at its discretion to reinstate him or her without entrance fee.
11. EXPULSION OF MEMBERS
It will be the duty of the Club's committee if at any time it is of the opinion that the interests of CLUB VW require by letter to invite any member to withdraw from CLUB VW within a time specified in that letter and if the withdrawal is not voluntary, to submit the question of his or her expulsion to a general meeting to be held within six weeks after the date of the letter. At that meeting, the member whose expulsion is under consideration will be allowed a hearing and to offer and explanation of his of her conduct verbally or in writing and if no less than two thirds of the members present vote for his or her expulsion, he or she may cease to be a member of CLUB VW. Any person will, upon ceasing to be a member of the Club, forfeit any claim upon CLUB VW, its property and funds.
12. THE COMMITTEE
The management of the CLUB VW will be entrusted to a committee containing at least the following members:
- President - Vice President - Secretary - Treasurer
Other committee positions may be formed, as seen fit by the sitting committee. The existing committee will be retained following the incorporation of the association.
13. VACANCY ON COMMITTEES
The committee will have power to appoint a member to fill any vacancy on the committee until the next Annual General Meeting but will be eligible for election as a member of the committee at that meeting.
14. MEETINGS OF COMMITTEES
The committee should meet at least once every calendar month to examine accounts and arrange the affairs of the Club.
15. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Annual General Meeting of the Club will be held in the month of July each year for the following purposes:
- To receive from the Committee financial and annual reports for the previous year.
- To vacate all Committee positions, and fill the vacancies in the Committee for the forthcoming year.
Notice of an Annual General Meeting will be provided in the Club VW magazine two months prior to the meeting. A returning officer will be appointed by the outgoing Committee on the night of the meeting. Nominations for positions shall be called; should there be more than one nomination for a position, voting shall be carried out by a show of hands (nominees to step outside momentarily). No voting by proxy will be permitted.
Principal source of funds will be from subscriptions paid by members, club sponsorship and magazine advertising revenue. CLUB VW will conduct social events, car shows and raffles as additional source of funds.
Funds of CLUB VW will be managed by the Treasurer, and all cheques drawn will be signed and authorised by authorised committee members with signatory rights held by the bank.
Expenses incurred by club members must receive authorisation before any expenses are entered into. Club VW members that have incurred expenditure on the behalf of Club VW may be reimbursed upon presentation of receipts and suitable documentation.
Every member will be allowed to introduce visitors, subject to rules as may be made from time to time by the by the Committee, and every visitor will be considered the guest of and accompanied by the member introducing him or her.
19. MEMBERS NOT TO MAKE PROFIT OUT OF CLUB
No member will, except for professional services rendered at the request of the Committee, in any manner receive any monetary gain from any transaction of CLUB VW, nor from the use of its name or address.
20. INTERPRETATION OF RULES
The CLUB VW Committee will be the sole authority for the interpretation of these rules and the decision of the Committee upon any question of interpretation upon any matter affecting the Club and not provided for by these will be final and binding on the members.
21. AMENDMENT OF RULES
These rules may be added to, repealed or amended at any meeting of the CLUB VW Committee that has been called with not less that one months notification and published in the club magazine and no resolution may be passed unless agreed to by a majority of those present. A quorum is formed by at least three of President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
22. CLUB SANCTIONED EVENTS
Members are encouraged to arrange and plan Club events, providing such events have been previously approved by the Committee.
23. CLUB VW CHAPTERS
CLUB VW member groups in non-Sydney locations may choose to form a local Chapter of CLUB VW, subject to the approval of the Sydney Committee. If so, a Chapter will operate as follows:
- All Chapter members remain members of CLUB VW. Local Membership renewal forms and fees shall be sent to the Sydney Secretary as before. No additional membership fees will be charged to Chapter applicants. All Chapter members, as CLUB VW members, will continue to receive a monthly issue of Zeitschrift and all other benefits of CLUB VW membership.
- The Chapter will elect their own Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer as appropriate, plus additional positions as the Chapter sees fit. The Chapter may design and promote their own logo and webpage, once authorised to do so by the Sydney Committee.
- The Sydney Secretary will provide the Chapter with regularly updated lists of local area CLUB VW members, based on postcode categories. These members are not obliged to participate in any Chapter activities.
- The Chapter will organise their own local monthly meeting venue, and local VW events as appropriate. All details should be forwarded to the Sydney Committee for inclusion in the Club's magazine and webpage.
- The Chapter will organise their own fund-raising activities, as part of their monthly meeting and events, to cover running costs. The Chapter should maintain their own local bank account. The Sydney Committee may financially subsidise the Chapter and its events at its discretion. The Chapter shall not incur any expenses on behalf of CLUB VW without prior approval by the Sydney Committee.
- The Chapter shall provide an annual financial statement to the Sydney Committee, for inclusion in the report to the Club's auditors and to the Department of Fair Trading.
- The Chapter's elected Chairman, and/or other representative(s), will make every effort to attend the CLUB VW Annual General Meeting in Sydney, in order to provide an annual report on the Chapter to the Sydney Committee. Chapters attending an AGM may apply for funding to cover the costs of travel (and possibly accommodation) costs in relation to the attendance of the CLUB VW AGM.
- The Chapter will contribute regular reports of local activities, and notices of coming local VW events, to the Sydney Committee for inclusion in the Club magazine Zeitschrift.
- The Chapter shall comply with the CLUB VW Constitution and other CLUB VW rules as specified at any time by the Sydney Committee.
- Should the Chapter elect to close, all assets of the Chapter revert to CLUB VW Sydney.
24. COMMON SEAL
The custody of the Common Seal of CLUB VW will be the responsibility of the Secretary.
25. CUSTODY OF BOOKS
Books of financial records will be held by the Treasurer
26. INSPECTION OF BOOKS ETC
Books of financial records will be available for inspection by members of the incorporated association on notice to the Treasurer.
27. DISSOLUTION OF THE CLUB
If at any general meeting a resolution for the dissolution of the Club is passed by a majority of the members present and that resolution is held at a special general meeting not less than one month after, at which time not less than one half of the members are present, the dissolution will be confirmed by a resolution passed by a majority of two thirds of the members voting.
The Committee will then or at a future date as specified in that resolution dispose of the property of the Club and after the discharge of all liabilities, divide remaining funds equally amongst The National Heart Foundation and the Australian Red Cross Society, where upon the club will be dissolved.
The Rules of CLUB VW contained herein are in accordance with Section 11 and contain these matters specified in Schedule 1 of the Association Incorporation Act 1984.